Jan. 17, 2019 | Added by KCS Staff ~~ Counties are responsible for providing essential services to every resident in the State of Washington. Yet, in a time of economic prosperity and population growth, counties are faced with budget shortfalls that are leaving critical investments in criminal justice, … [Continue Reading]
Featured Articles & Posts
Jan. 26, 2019 | Cle Elum | Guest Contributor Craig Ditman CLE ELUM - Craig Ditman, a retired Forrester residing in Cle Elum, WA has some profound and common sense insights that could greatly impact fire suppression, forest health, and Central Washington economics. History The Forest Service was … [Continue Reading]
Critical areas - critical takings. Kittitas County has recently released its updates to a document called a Critical Areas Ordinance, or CAO. Basically, the GMA (Growth Management Act) requires that local governments identify and protect areas that are deemed ‘critical’ – wetlands, critical potable water … [Continue Reading]
Originally Posted September 21, 2016 | Ellensburg | Ian Elliot Updated 11/6/18 Know the Enemy - Liberals vs Progressives & Leftists It is important , as conservatives, to identify the enemy of conservatism. I don’t think the de facto enemy is liberalism as a good American liberal believes in many … [Continue Reading]
More Featured Articles & Posts
- Appointment of Fire Marshal for Kittitas County.
- Upper County Public Works Facility – Open letter to Kittitas County Commissioners – 6-28-18 from CAPR
- Kittitas County Commissioners Selection of replacement for Paul Jewell
- You are invited to meet Monday May 21 with Tim Eyman and GlenMorgan in Ellensburg at 6:30pm
- A question of Kittitas County Government transparency
- A Measure Regarding the Formulation of a Port District in Kittitas County – Vote April 24, 2018
- Kittitas County Winter Forum on Affordable Housing Summary
- CAPR – January 17, 2018 – Legislative Bills Update
- Vote no on the proposal to add a sales tax for affordable housing in Ellensburg
- Citizen X
- Kittitas County chapter of Citizens Alliance for Property Rights (CAPR) introduced to County Commissioners
- An extra look at firing of School Superintendent
Kittitas County Views @ Opinions
April 11, 2018 | Cle Elum ~ On April 3rd I attended the County hearing on the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) Code. This code imposes … [Read More ...]
1/17/18 - Greetings from The Sentinel Group: Well, it’s just about here! The first ever, first annual, Sentinel Group Winter Forum on … [Read More ...]
More of the KITCO View
- Session ended yesterday. No fanfare, no Hirst fix, no Capital budget.
- High-End Development, Down on the Farm
- Examination of the Kittitas County model of “Private” Water Banking
- Media – A Defunct Business ???
- Regarding the Hirst Decision
- “Trumpism” Explained
- Daily Record won’t deliver the news!